GCC2021 Registration & Programme
- Published on Friday, 04 June 2021
DataPLANT is deeply involved with Galaxy as a workflow system and thus would like to advertise the upcoming Galaxy Community Conference. The early registration deadline for the 2021 event has been moved back to June 8. This gives you more time to take advantage of the 50% discount off full registration prices, so make sure you sign up now so you don't miss out.
The draft programme and the speakers are now also available online. Please bear in mind that the times are set for the Europe/Middle East/Africa - Asia/Pacific window, and that the same schedule will run 9 hours later for the Americas. The availability of the speakers for the Q&A session will depend on the time zone in which they are located. Posters and demo abstracts can still be submitted until the 14th of June. For any questions please contact our local liaison Beatriz.
You are interested in further possibilities of using Galaxy in plant science. Find more info using the following link:
Participation in the upcoming 3rd NFDI conference on 8th July
- Published on Wednesday, 02 June 2021
DataPLANT will participate in the 3rd NFDI conference, held virtually on the 8th July. The National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) is being established as a cooperative network of consortia over a three-year period (2019-2021) in three stages. DataPLANT was already successful in the first round. As part of the third round of calls, the third NFDI conference will be held in a virtual format on July 8, 2021.
This conference has three objectives:
- The consortia funded or proposed for funding and the planned consortia will be able to exchange information with each other, focusing primarily on the planned consortia.
- The DFG would like to inform the representatives of planned consortia about the status of the NFDI and the key points for the submission of proposals in the third and, for the time being, final round.
- The NFDI Directorate and in particular its director, Professor Dr. York Sure-Vetter, will also be represented to present the further activities of the NFDI Association, which has been founded in the meantime.
Due to the important networking aspect, DataPLANT will participate as a funded consortium to play a role in providing collegial advice to the new applicants as well as in discussing cross-consortium issues.
Interested in learning more about the NFDI? Find more information using the following Link:
NFDI governance: General assembly of the association and the election of the scientific board members
- Published on Monday, 24 May 2021
On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, the first general member assembly of the National Research Data Infrastructure association (NFDI e.V.) will take place as a virtual event. The objective of the meeting is to elect three scientific members for the Board of Trustees. The election procedure takes place as a general election. The members are entitled to propose persons for the election. This means that members are entitled to nominate persons who participate in a funded consortium or are involved in a binding pre-application for a proposal in 2021, or a non-binding letter of intent to submit a proposal to the DFG in 2021.
You are interested in participating in the NFDI Association yourself or want to learn more about it. Find more information by following this link: